Bronx Lab School is hiring teachers for the 2015-2016 academic year! Come join an organization dedicated to providing a rigorous college preparatory education to urban high school students.
We are always looking for strong candidates in any area.
Who we are:
Bronx Lab is an open-enrollment, small, urban high school in its 9th year. Our students come in at many different ability levels, ranging from students at/or exceeding grade level to students who are several years below grade level. All Bronx Lab staff members share the same goal: to develop the college ready skills necessary for success in life in every one of our students. Bronx Lab staff has helped to ensure that our four graduating classes had an average graduation rate of 90% and that 100% of our graduates were accepted into college with an average matriculation rate of 80%.
Bronx Lab is based on a simple, yet powerful mission: To prepare for college and life, Bronx Lab School students engage in meaningful and contextual academic work, participate in a nurturing community, explore their passions, and learn to value effort as a means to success.
Who We Are Looking for:
We are looking for energetic, passionate educators who are committed to utilizing varied teaching methods to provide all students, regardless of race, gender or ability level, with an engaging college preparatory education. Staff at Bronx Lab must believe that it is our obligation as educators to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of the students we work with.
- Advise a group of 14-16 students based on their academic, social and emotional needs.
- Build quality relationships with students as both a teacher and advisor to help identify unique student needs.
- Actively engage in a community where respect is expected in all interactions (staff to staff, staff to student, student to staff and student to student) both by acting in a respectful way and by holding others accountable when they do not live up to this standard.
- Create classroom structures, routines and procedures to ensure the proper behavior of all students.
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students and holds students accountable when these expectations are not met.
- Understand and apply effective strategies and best practices to ensure student success.
- Plan and execute successful project based learning that is engaging, incorporates multiple learning modalities and provide students with authentic learning experiences.
- Teach students the cognitive skills necessary to develop college readiness.
- Be reflective and think critically about teaching practices and make the changes necessary to support all students.
- Actively participate in the Bronx Lab community as an educator, mentor and colleague.
- Engage in a continual process of institutional and culture building, as this is still a young school.
- Be willing to go above and beyond the job description when necessary to meet all students’ needs.
To apply, email the hiring committee at email@example.com
For more information, email the hiring committee